give someone a lift
原文解釋: give someone a ride;
to raise someone's spirits; to make a person feel better.
中文解釋: To give someone a lift 除了有讓人搭順路車的意思之外，
1. My colleagues came to see me when I was in hospital, it really gave me a lift.
2. Let's take some flowers when we go to visit Grandma, to give her a lift.
3. I think Dad needs to be cheered up. Perhaps going out for lunch will give him a lift?
4. I've got to get into town. Can you give me a lift?
5. a. Can I give you a lift to the airport this weekend?
b. But I already bought tickets to the Narita express, so it's ok!
6. a. Can you give me a lift to the train station?
b. Sure, its on the way!