play it by ear
原文解釋: To act according to the circumstances; depending on the situation;
to decide how to deal with a situation as it develops rather than
planning how you are going to react
1. I don't have a set schedule, so we'll have to play it by ear.
2. I'm not sure how long I'll stay at the party. I'll just play it by ear.
3. She didn't know what to expect from her new job, so she played it by ear.
4. a. What time shall we meet on Sunday?
b. I don't know the exact time. I'm gonna be finished with work
so let's play it by ear on when to meet.
5. a. Do you know if the Christmas party is set to be on the 24th?
b. I think we are still deciding on the day so can you play it by ear
and keep the dates open?