turn a deaf ear on
原文解釋: to ignore what someone is saying
中文解釋: 不予理采; 置之不理; 充耳不聞之意思。
1. The Supreme Court said there was a need for action,
but Congress has turned a deaf ear to the Court.
2. Mei-ling's father turned a deaf ear to any criticism of how he had taught his daughter.
3. How can you just turn a deaf ear to their cries for food and shelter?
4. In the past they've tended to turn a deaf ear to such requests.
5. a. When my friend told me the same story for the 5th time,
I turn a deaf ear on him.
b. Yes, five time is a lot.
6. a. Are you turn a deaf ear on me?
b. Yes, You told me the same story many times, I have it memorized already!