on one's toes
原文解釋: when someone in a situation where you have to be alert
and ready for anything
中文解釋: 警覺; 準備行動之意思。
1. You have to be on your toes if you want to be in this business.
2. I have to stay on my toes to keep from getting fired.
3. A policeman has to keep on his toes all the time he's on duty.
4. a. Did you have fun at the party?
b. Ya, but I needed to remeber so many faces and names,
I had to be on my toes.
5. a. Did you have a good time in class?
b. It was nice, but my teacher kept me on my toes
by asking me so many question.